As the Senior Director of Communications & Marketing for the Greater Houston area, you will make an extraordinary impact by working with development and health strategies colleagues to craft and deliver strategic communications to external and internal audiences.
Responsibilities involve management of the Director of Marketing and Director of Media Relations and working with AHA staff and volunteers in the Houston, TX, office to create and execute strategic communications campaigns in support of AHA fundraising efforts, educational programs, awareness campaigns, community priorities, advocacy platforms and branding.
So you say you would like some more details? Here are a few:
- Build and sustain the American Heart Association Brand profile through development of integrated earned, owned and paid communications strategies that align with Greater Houston market goals and result in year over year growth in overall media impressions, social media engagements and cause sponsor activation.
- Manage Greater Houston staff and volunteer communications by serving as the strategic communications expert in the market.
- Supervise 2-3 Directors of Communication. In conjunction with market leadership, work to ensure the communications team is fulfilling sponsorship activation, meeting market leadership expectations and responding flexibly to structural and market directions.
- Design measurements to communicate success of projects and ensure communications team meets milestones and deadlines. Ensures project and revenue requirements are captured accurately
- Build and sustain strategic relationships with media, volunteers, board members, influencers and more that help further the community impact of the work of the American Heart Association.
- Develop and manage execution of awareness communications plans on topics such as high blood pressure, stroke and women and heart disease; works collaboratively with other key market staff, coalitions and community partners to develop integrated approach to such campaigns.
- Conduct quarterly simulation and/or staff skills “refresher” training around branding and communications. Responsible for ensuring that media spokespeople receive training.
- Synthesize national AHA research, statements and program materials to develop local stories to demonstrate community impact across all marketing and communications efforts.
- Maintains the integrity of the brand and identity of the American Heart Association.
- Works with the VP of Communications and market leadership to handle crisis communications.
- Ability to travel weekly up to 25% (not overnight but within the Houston, TX market).
You will make sure we have the best communications possible (we are talking quality here), so our plans and our execution of these plans makes an extraordinary impact on the mission of the organization.