The American Heart Association (AHA) has a great opportunity for a Fundraising (Sales) Director, Youth Market. As the Director, you apply proven sales techniques to acquire new and maintain existing schools accounts in Oregon and Southwest Washington to participate in Kids Heart Challenge/American Heart Challenge, the AHA's fundraising and educational school-based programs. This position is responsible for a fundraising goal of $468,000 this fiscal year.
A successful candidate will have fundraising or outside sales experience, a strong customer service orientation, expert organizational and time management skills, a high sense of personal and organizational accountability, and be detail oriented, computer proficient and self-motivated. With the extensive travel required to provide excellent customer service and account management, our Youth Market Directors are known as "road warriors".
Essential Job Duties:
· Achieves a fundraising goal of $468,000 (gross) through the sales and service of the Youth Market products (Kids Heart Challenge/American Heart Challenge) to K-12 school accounts, both current and new, in assigned geographic territory.
· Secures cash sponsorships through ongoing year-round pipeline development and cultivation
· Recruits, trains, coaches and motivates volunteers in Youth Market products and services
· Builds strong relationships with volunteers including School Districts, Principals, Teachers and Parent Teacher Associations through outstanding customer service
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training
· 2+ years outside sales or fundraising experience, with proven track record in achieving goals
· Strong cold-calling, relationship-building and customer service skills
· Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer coaching and management
· Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and ability to maintain a high volume of account data in a timely and accurate manner
· Highly effective organizational, multitasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently during irregular work hours
· Willing and able to travel extensively within given territory. Must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and personal vehicle or other reasonable form of transportation
· Able to lift 15-20 pounds to transport supplies and materials
Here are some of the preferred experience/skills we are looking for:
· Knowledge of school market a plus
· Experience in K-12 school sales or fundraising, educational sales
· Sponsorship sales
· Familiarity with the geographic territory served
Click on “Apply for this job online” to submit your online application or “Log back in!” if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities