We currently have an exciting opportunity for a fundraising or sales professional as a Business Development Director in our Orange County Division based in Irvine. As the Director, you are part of a staff and volunteer team responsible for the overall planning, management and implementation of the Heart Walk campaign and share in an overall revenue goal of $2.4M.
Essential Job Duties:
· Achieves the overall revenue team goal generated primarily through corporate fundraising
· Manages current corporate accounts to maintain and grow revenue through cash sponsorship at $10K+ and employee participation.
· Develops an effective prospect pipeline focused on new corporate development resulting in new sponsorship and employee engagement
· Manages assigned community Heart Walk teams to achieve fundraising/sales goals
· Adheres to established Best Practices, benchmarks and timelines and conducts active B2B outreach and community networking through 10+ face to face meetings on weekly basis
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 2-3 years successful experience in fundraising, outside sales or marketing
· Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
· Highly effective organizational, communication, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
· Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
· Knowledge of AHA’s mission and programs
· Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers.
· Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
· Experience with the American Heart Association or similar nonprofit organization
· Experience in securing high level corporate cash sponsorship
· B2B experience including new business development
Click on “Apply for this job online” to submit your online application or “Log back in!” if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
This position is eligible for the Western States Affiliate Employee Referral Program. Details are available to current American Heart Association employees in the Employee Manual and from HR.